Loop 360 / Westlake Plant
- Engineered and implemented a comprehensive SCADA control system for the water treatment plant operations
- Designed the additional 300,000 gallon ground storage tank
The Loop 360 Water Supply Corporation is a member owned private water company situated on the Westlake Peninsula. The Corporation serves over 600 customers including residences located in the hills of Westlake and along Lake Austin. Gray Engineering has represented the Corporation since the late 1990s.
The Corporation operates a 3 MGD surface water treatment plant that draws surface water directly from the Colorado River, treats it and distributes it through a series of storage tanks and distribution lines to its residential customers. The service area is dominated by large luxury residential housing that exerts above average water demands due to the size of the residences, a majority of which are located on multiple care lots.
River Place Limited District
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive plan for maintenance and upgrade
- Improvement to water system including cutting edge industrial control system
The River Place Limited District encompasses an upscale residential community and golf course development located in Northwest Austin overlooking the shores of Lake Austin. Gray Engineering began representing the District in 2005 as district engineer.
In concert with the District’s Board of Directors, Gray Engineering developed and implemented a comprehensive plan for maintaining the District’s major utility system as well as upgrading the system to serve its residents. Improvements to the water system included a state-of-the-art industrial computer-controlled system to increase the efficiency and reliability of the surface water treatment plant, booster pump stations and storage tanks making up the water supply system.
The District was annexed in September 2009 by the City of Austin, but continues to operate as a Limited Purpose District. The firm continues to represent the District by providing additional services in the expansion of their parks system and nature trails.
Travis County WCID No. 19
- Single-family subdivision Water District development
- Gray Engineering has been involved with this District serving as District Engineer since 1997
- Improvements include upgrading the wastewater collection and water
- Distribution systems as well as street paving overlays
Travis County WCID No. 19 encompasses the original single-family development areas within the overall Barton Creek master planned community. These areas include The Foothills and The Woods single family subdivisions within that overall Barton Creek master planned community.
Gray Engineering’s involvement in the overall project dates back to 1993 while serving as District Engineer to the WCID since 1997. Major improvements include upgrading the District’s wastewater collection and water distribution systems as well as periodic improvements to the subdivision such as street paving overlays and supervision of utility operation and maintenance.
Williamson-Travis County MUD No. 1
- Predominately single-family development with limited commercial tracts
- Gray Engineering has served as District Engineer since 1985
- Improvements include utilities, storm drainage and pond improvements, as well as numerous park, amenity and trail systems
Williamson-Travis Counties MUD No.1 provides utilities, storm drainage control, as well as well-developed amenity, park and trail system that serves a 563 acre multi-use development. The District is located in northwest Travis/southwest Williamson Counties and in the City of Cedar Park’s ETJ.
Gray Engineering has worked over the years with the District’s resident Board of Directors as the District has transitioned from overseeing the design and construction of new utility improvements to focusing on maintenance of existing utility and amenity improvement as well as the implementation of new and improved resident oriented park and trail systems.